BEFORE YOU DEPART
Study at SBTA & SELA
Congratulations on enrolling with The Sydney Business and Travel Academy (SBTA) and/or The Sydney English Language Academy (SELA).
Before you Depart to Australia
Before you depart for Australia it is important that you prepare for your journey to Australia. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a valid student visa?
- Do I have Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of my stay?
- Do I have a valid passport?
- Do I have a plane ticket?
- Are my finances in order and do I have enough funds to support myself?
- Did I organise airport transport (if required)?
- Do I have accommodation?
- Have I studied the information provided on living and studying in Australia?
- Did I research SBTA/SELA’s website and the course I will be studying?
We recommend you book a flight to Sydney as early as possible and arrive a few weeks before your course commencement which will allow you to get used to living in Sydney and to your new accommodation.
When you arrive in Sydney, Australia, you will become part of the multi-cultural community and discover Sydney for all its beautiful beaches, restaurants, great weather and a vibrant city with activities happening all the time.
If you’re arriving in Sydney for the first time, you can book our airport pick-up service. Our friendly driver will greet you on arrival and take you directly to your accommodation. If you wish to be picked up from the airport please complete the Homestay/Airport pick up form.
When choosing long-term accommodation, please consider a range of factors such as your budget and close to transportation. Please let us know if you wish us to organise accommodation for you. We can arrange a Homestay family for you to live with during your stay. Families will provide breakfasts and dinners, as well as lunch on weekends. If you wish to have accommodation organised please complete the Homestay/Airport pick up form.